- Detects and identifies transponder keys as well as allowing for
duplication of transponder keys.
- Mechanical cuts of the keys can be made by standard Ilco key
- Vehicle need not be present when key is being generated or
- Allows for the creation of an unlimited number of keys for a
vehicle, despite the fact that the EMS on these vehicles are often
limited to 4-10 transponder key codes in their memory
|How do I know that the RW2 will not be obsolete in the near
- Transponder systems will continue to change and some may evolve
to a technology that the RW2 is unable to duplicate.
- However, as manufacturers it is in our best interest to evolve
our products with the technology.
- The RW2 is easily updated with a disk; as the need arises, we
will provide updates.
- Ilco has been working with transponder technology for a number
of years and we will aggressively seek solutions for servicing
|Can a transponder key be both duplicated on the RW2 and added to
the car with onboard programming?
- Presently, a transponder system is either onboard programming or
a closed system, with the exception of GM.
- GM keys can be programmed to the car or duplicated on the
- Pre-programmed keys for onboard programming and blank
transponder keys for use with the RW2 will have different
- The Ilco Reference for onboard programming will end in PT and
the RW2 version will end in T5.
- Onboard programming systems allow the addition of keys by
inserting the key in the ignition.
- Closed systems require special equipment such as the RW2 for
adding working keys or duplication.
|What is the advantage of purchasing the optional software for the
- The optional software allows enhanced archiving of customer
- The stand alone RW2 will memorize a transponder code, but you
need to keep a log to know the vehicle that the code belongs
- The RW2 automatically sets up a file for the customer including
the date and transponder code (when used with the software
- The only data that needs to be entered is the customer name and
|What are the main advantages of purchasing the RW2 over a
- The RW2 allows stand-alone archiving, it has a keyboard for
carrying out various functions, and it is equipped with a
rechargeable battery for independent use of a power source.
|What is the purpose of the numbers and letters on the keypad of
- The numbers and letters allow entering of the transponder
- This is a function for generating a key by the transponder
- In this case, there is no need for the original key to be
present; you simply enter the code and insert a blank transponder
- This code will be in a customer archive if the key was copied or
identified in the past on the RW2.
|What is the 3.5-inch floppy computer transfer disk in the RW2
- The disk included contains the program required for running the
stand alone RW2.
- The transfer disk would be used to reload the program if it were
ever zeroed out.
- In addition, future updates for the stand-alone version will
come in this form.
- By simply attaching the RW2 to a computer with a serial cable
- Transfer at the A: in DOS, you will update or reload the
- This disk is not the optional software.
|What is the RW2 agreement for and what should I do with it?
- This agreement is to authorize an individual as the owner of the
machine and ensure that they have read the details of the
- Ilco uses this agreement to identify the individual password for
each machine. The agreement should be faxed/mailed to Ilco.
- We will immediately provide a password.
- In the future, Ilco can identify all the RW2 owners and their
password very easily.
- We can also use this database for providing important
information with mailings directly to RW2 owners.
|Why does the RW2 have a password?
- The password is provided for security.
- A machine owner may not want every individual to the RW2 to be
able to use the machine.
- The machine will not operate without a password entered every
time the machine is powered up.
- In the case of theft, the machine would be useless and we will
know immediately when someone requests a password that has been
- We will also call the machine owner to verify the password is
being provided to an authorized individual.
|Will Ilco release a T5/RW2 version of GM keys?
- This will depend on the changes in the market.
- The stand-alone may not need frequent updates because the
program is not vehicle model sensitive.
- It simply recognizes the type of chip and emulates this
information to a blank T5 chip.
- On the other hand, if the RW2 is being used in conjunction with
the software package, it will be critical to have updates.
- The correct key is selected by choosing a vehicle manufacturer
model and year.
|How often will there be updates for my RW2 and RW2 software?
- Updates can be expected at least one time per year.
|Why canít I write on an original key with my RW2?
- The original key contains a read only chip.
- The RW2 can only read the code and copy it to a read/write blank
|Why canít the RW2 duplicated Ford and Chrysler transponder
- These manufacturers use Texas Instruments transponders.
- TI has a patent on the technology, which prohibits duplication
of the code.
- Nevertheless, keys can be added to the vehicle using on-board
|Why canít the rolling code system (BMW/Mercedes) or Encrypted
immobolizer systems be duplicated on the RW2?
- Both systems use a special technology that hides the actual code
required for the Engine Control Module to allow the vehicle to
- The ECM will not recognize the code we are able to read and/or
transfer to the blank key as the correct code.